We have provided consulting services and/or served as an expert witness to several clients in matters related to contract compliance, matters related to software engineering or matters related to licensing. Typically, this work includes research, analysis and assessments relative to industry customs and practices, preparation of reports, and testimony at depositions and before arbitration panels or at trial. We have access to and maintain databases and other information resources that enable us to benchmark performance as well as other comparative statistics and metrics.
Our experience includes working with a wide range of technologies including software developed and used for enterprises, mobile applications, e-commerce, and SaaS (cloud).
We have evaluated software implementations and software functionality in the financial services, retail, distribution, health care, and telecommunications industries. We have also assessed relative to industry customs and practices software development, software licensing (including license agreements, implementation agreements, and support/maintenance agreements), software marketing, software distribution, and management of software and e-commerce companies.
A selected list of representative engagements in contract compliance and licensing includes:
- We were retained by counsel for the plaintiff, a publicly-traded software company that sells licenses for business intelligence software, in a dispute related to licensing. Our work included preparation of multiple expert reports and being deposed.
- We were retained by a large hospital chain located in the Mountain States to assist them in evaluation of a software license agreement and the related implementation services agreement.
- We were retained by counsel for the claimant and respondent, a publicly-traded, global, systems-integration company in a case involving software development practices and software quality. Our work included preparation of multiple expert reports, being deposed, and testifying before an arbitrator.
- We were retained by counsel for the plaintiff, an investor and company founder of a software and e-commerce company focused on financial trading services and exchanges, in a contract dispute. Our work included preparation of multiple expert reports, being deposed, and testifying at trial.
- We were retained by counsel for the plaintiff, a Latin American-based distributor of enterprise software, regarding industry customs and practices in software marketing and distribution. Our work included being deposed and testifying at trial.
- We were retained by counsel for the defendant, a publicly-traded IT services company and manufacturer, in a trademark infringement case. Our work included preparation of an expert report.