Steven R. Kursh, Ph.D., CSDP, CLP has served as an expert witness in several litigation matters related to trade secrets and also cases related to copyrights. He has submitted expert reports, been deposed, and has testified in several trade secrets and/or copyright cases before arbitration panels and in court.
We have assisted clients with discovery requests, evaluated source code, including databases (SSO analysis and AFC analysis); and analyzed of key technical documents and artifacts, including SCM records. Our experience includes working with a wide range of software products, including products developed for the retail, distribution, financial services, manufacturing, professional services, and health care industries.
A selected listing of representative engagements in trade secret cases and copyright cases includes:
- Serving as an expert on behalf of the plaintiff, one of the world’s largest investment management companies, in a trade secret case relating to the development of technologies used in securities trading and risk management. Our work included preparation of multiple reports, including a rebuttal report, being deposed, and testifying at trial.
- Serving as an expert on behalf of the defendant, the health care division of one of the world’s largest conglomerates, in a trade secret case relating to enterprise management systems software and e-commerce software. Our work included preparation of an expert report.
- Serving as an expert on behalf of the respondent, an e-commerce company in consumer services relating to testing, in a copyright case. Our work included preparation of multiple reports, including a rebuttal report, and testifying before an arbitration panel.
- Serving as an expert on behalf of the plaintiff, a developer of internet-based e-commerce and software solutions for the health care industry in a copyright and trade secrets case. Our work included preparation of multiple reports, being deposed, and testifying at trial.
- Serving as an expert on behalf of the defendant, a publicly-traded software company that sells licenses for software used in e-commerce, in a trade secret case. Our work included analysis of the software development practices at the company, analysis of the software code, and preparation of a report.
- Serving as an expert on behalf of the defendant, a Fortune-50 conglomerate, in a trade secret and copyright case. Our work included preparation of expert reports and being deposed.