Dr. Kursh focuses his research primarily on topics related to computer software, e-commerce, telecommunications, the Internet and linkages between technology and business management. He is presently engaged in research related to financing innovation, trade secrets, and AI.
He has authored articles that have been published in academic and practitioner journals. He also serves as a reviewer for several publications and is an active participant at academic and professional society meetings.
Some of his academic research and professional activities include:
- Reviewer, Academy of Management Annual Meeting (virtual), Vancouver, August, 2020.
- “Why is Blockchain Blocked,” Cutter Business Technology Journal, December 2019, (with F. Arthur Schnure).
- Reviewer, Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Boston, August, 2019.
- Reviewer, Research Competitiveness Program, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), March 2014 to present.
- Reviewer, IEEE Security & Privacy, January 2013 to present; IEEE Computer, January 2013 to present.
- “Counterrevolutionaries in the Financial Services Industry: Teaching Disruption – A Case Study of RoboAdvisors and Incumbent Responses,” The Business Education Innovation Journal, Vol. 9. 1, June 2017, (with Natalia A. Gold).
- “Innovation in the Financial Services Industry: An Empirical Investigation of the Fintech Ecosystem and Implications for Company Strategies,” Paper (accepted for presentation), IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E) 2017, Vancouver, British Columbia, April 2017.
- “Adding Fintech and Blockchain to Your Curriculum,” The Business Education Innovation Journal, Vol. 8, 2, December 2016, (with Natalia A. Gold).
- “Getting Cloud (and Non-Cloud) Web Application Performance Testing Right,” Cutter Business Technology Journal, May 2015 (with F. Arthur Schnure).
- “New Types of Finance: CrowdSourcing and the American JOBS Act,” Presentation, ABE/FEA Annual Meeting, Bermuda, September 2013.
- “Mobile Devices, Marketing, and Content Management Systems” Cutter Data Insight & Social BI, Executive Update, May, 2012.
- “The Server Consolidation Case.” Journal of Academy of Business Education, 12, 170-188, (with Marc Meyer and Krishna Valluru).
- Minding the Corporate Checkbook: A Manager’s Guide for Executing Successful Business Investments, (with James Donovan), March 2004, (Financial Times Prentice-Hall, New York).
- Reviewer, Information Technology and Finance Cases, Journal of Business Education, Journal of Financial Education, and National Case Research Association Journal, September 2000 to present.