Dr. Kursh focuses his research primarily on topics related to computer software, e-commerce, telecommunications, the Internet and linkages between technology and business management. He is presently engaged in research related to SAAS, including software development, business and technical metrics, management and other customs and practices.
He has authored articles that have been published in academic and practitioner journals. He also serves as a reviewer for several publications and is an active participant at academic and professional society meetings.
Some of his academic research and professional activities include:
- Reviewer, IEEE Security & Privacy, January 2013 to present; IEEE Computer, January 2013 to present.
- “Integrating SaaS Metrics Into Your Curriculum,” Presentation, Financial Education Association and Academy of Business Education Annual Meeting, September, 2021.
- “Implementing AI: 4 Critical Steps for Success,” Cutter Executive Update: Data Analytics & Digital Technologies, 21, 11, September, 2021, (with F. Arthur Schnure).
- “6 Measures CIOs Can Take to Protect Trade Secrets,” CIODive, September, 2021, (with Pratike Patel).
- “Implementing the Cloud Successfully: Lessons Learned from Developing & Deploying SaaS,” Cutter Executive Update: Business Technology & Digital Transformation Strategies, 24, 4, August, 2021, (with F. Arthur Schnure).
- Reviewer, Academy of Management Annual Meeting (virtual), July-August, 2021.
- “Update on Licensing: Is Price Really All That Matters,” Podcast, Licensing Executives Society, July, 2021.
- Reviewer, Academy of Management Annual Meeting (virtual), Vancouver, August, 2020.
- “Why is Blockchain Blocked,” Cutter Business Technology Journal, December 2019, (with F. Arthur Schnure).
- “Innovation in the Financial Services Industry: An Empirical Investigation of the Fintech Ecosystem and Implications for Company Strategies,” Paper (accepted for presentation), IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E) 2017, Vancouver, British Columbia, April 2017.
- Reviewer, Research Competitiveness Program, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), March 2014 to present.
- “Adding Fintech and Blockchain to Your Curriculum,” The Business Education Innovation Journal, Vol. 8, 2, December 2016, (with Natalia A. Gold).
- “The Server Consolidation Case.” Journal of Academy of Business Education, 12, 170-188, (with Marc Meyer and Krishna Valluru).
- Minding the Corporate Checkbook: A Manager’s Guide for Executing Successful Business Investments, (with James Donovan), March 2004, (Financial Times Prentice-Hall, New York).
- Reviewer, Information Technology and Finance Cases, Journal of Business Education, Journal of Financial Education, and National Case Research Association Journal, September 2000 to present.